Install Xubuntu from USB-DVD or USB-Stick (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromUSBStick)
To fix Wireless and to enable the cardreader you need this .deb-Files :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PZA7ZDM8 Headers http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K80FSG4F Linux-Image
(Optional: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F2JHG2E0 ) Linux-Source
- To fix Suspend you have to create a file in /etc/pm/config.d/ with following text:
SUSPEND_MODULES="ehci_hcd uhci_hcd usbcore"
- If you have no Sound, open a console and start
(needed to compile)
Ubuntu 8.10 Remix Version 3
(based on 8.10 and custom for the A110)
A very basic Gnome-Desktop with Firefox and VLC. Feel free to customize and add Software.
- English is now a option and Gnome will be English too as well as the Keyboard-Layout
- Big Speed improvements
- External Monitor now support higher resolutions
- Latest Updates
- Wireless range improvment / LED fix
- Kernel 2.6.30 base
- Audio: Yes
- Padlock: Yes
- CPU Stepping: Yes
- SD-Cardreader: Yes
- Ethernet/ Wireless: Yes
- Direct Rendering (3D): Yes
- LCD: 800x480
- Suspend: Yes
- Languages: English, German
Linux 188.8.131.52, Firefox, VLC, Evince
Where can I download this special version for my one A110 (and similar)?
- Login: el.x.jtr0
- Password: guestlogin
To extract and glue them together, use unrar.
user@user-pc: unrar e Remixv3.img.part1.rar
Yes, you only need to give unrar the name of the first file. After that you will have one further file named "Remixv3.img". Read "Installation" below.
You need an USB-Stick with at least 2G of space.
- Method 1 (maybe the easiest)
- Method 2:
- Open a Terminal ("sudo su" to become root):
root@user-pc# dd if=Remixv3.img of=/dev/sdx
- (e.g. of=/dev/sdb, you can find it with #fdisk -l)
When finished (10 min), reboot from USB-Stick. The script on the USB-Stick will install Netbook-Remix on the 2G SSD in the A110 (Airis Kira 100 should also be ok). Everything on the SSD will be erased, make sure to backup your important Data before.
- Report Problems please -
- Login: root
- Password: netbook
- Ubuntu (When succesfully finished, open a Terminal and change the Password with "passwd")
- Login: netbook
- Password: netbook
- built-in Modem is not supported
- to hibernate you will have to create a swap
Ubuntu Minimal Desktop
Puppy Linux 4.1.1 works . It installs in 2 minutes or so via usb-stick
issues: 640x480 VGA only / sound works / modem might work soon / WLAN untested / Network OK (Franka)
- I used Puppy Linux often on a old Laptop with a serial Modem, but never felt good, surfing online. Beeing always root isn't my thing. Puppylinux is fast and is very good on old machines. It is maybe more a question of taste. (El.x.Jtr0)